General guidance for any sort of classroom, specifically the "CBE" class
For the Students to Know
- Keep Pencil and Journal at Hand
- Don't interrupt, raise your hand
- Try not to put each other down with jest
- Work sincerely and the rewards will be manifold
- Remember we are all here in this journey together
- Each of you will take turns summarizing the class and making reports on happenings and progress.
- Homework submissions can be shared with the entire group by mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Pictures of handwritten notes preferred.
- one to keep track of time and gently switch us over a few minutes before the allotted time for that activity has lapsed.
- If someone is absent, they may reach out to any of you to get a first hand idea on what they missed.
Since this is primarily a mentoring program, we will eventually discuss personal goals and learn to decompose them into daily tasks, activities and habits.
Classes could contain the following elements
- choice of prayer
- homework review
- 5 questions
- songs discovered
- journal discussion
- one goal and how to plan
- writing time
- topic of the day
- review of hour gone
These may be done at the beginning or anytime when the teachers feel a lull.
- Take everyone's pulse
- How is everyone feeling?
- Ready to have fun?
- Anything exciting you want to share?
- Anything that has you down?
5 Questions (activity)
Here, the children are asked to ask questions to the teacher*, keeping the following in mind:
- Which you cannot usually find answers to
- Which may make you shy or uncomfortable
- Mention the outcome you want by asking the question
- Timeframe in which to be answered
*Teacher to think of a related follow on activity.
- Children have the habit of journaling / are asked to develop it.
- Reading as a habit to be encouraged
- Children are asked not to feel restricted in this class
- Parents plan a daily discussion time with their children and a follow on discussion with the parents group IS A MUST